Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Thoughts on Friday

|
My girl, on her 3rd birthday
The last few weeks of weather in Kansas have been bananas.  We had snow, cold, and then Spring-like temps.  To add another layer of fun to it all, my little fam has been hit by the head cold junk.  We are all struggling with coughs and sinus troubles and just a ton of ick.

To get past it I'm looking at photos that have nothing to do with what I'm writing about.

Tiny Dancer

Messy Bun (Messy House)

Who's your friend who loves to play?  Bing Bong Bing Bong

Ok, to focus on things, let's make a list!
  1. My plans for 6x12 Life Pages is kind of a bust.  I can't seem to get the pages to work out with the photos.  I'm tempted to give up on 6x12 for this year and switch to 6x8 because Simple Stories binders make me very happy.
  2. My dream for my Life Pages album is to rock out some awesome spreads a la Mish Wooderson or Nicole Harper.  I can't seem to get in the groove yet.  Should I throw in the Life Pages towel or persevere?
  3. While on the Life Pages rant, I haven't been taking very many photos.  Which makes Life Pages pretty much impossible to complete. :-/
  4. I can't decide on a color theme for my daughter's birthday.  Or if I want to have a big party.  Q is only concerned about taking treats to school for snack.
  5. Speaking of Q, she wasn't too crazy about soccer last fall, nor dance last summer.  Do I try them again and see if a year has made a difference?
  6. Why is being a mom so hard?
  7. Any idea what I should make for supper?
  8. Coming up with a meal plan both overwhelms me and often eludes me.  I am not a creative cook.
  9. Mixed media layouts have really rejuvenated me creatively.  I think the layers of paints, inks and whatever else ends up on the page feeds my soul in a way I've been missing.
  10. I felt like I need 10 items on my list, so this is #10.  Ha!  Ok, back to scrapbooking:  the new releases coming out are very pretty, I'm especially excited about Pink Paislee, Maggie Holmes and Pinkfresh lines.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9