Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Laurel Lane DT Guest Spot

|
If you haven't read Laura's blog I suggest you stop everything and go HERE right now.  Laura writes from her soul, makes super adorable fun stuff and is just the cutest lil' thing you'll ever lay eyes on. She is on the Gossamer Blue Design Team with me and also has an Etsy shop HERE with some awesome downloads for Life Pages.

I am doing a guest DT spot for Laurel Lane this month and wanted to share how I'm using the Bright Kit for pocket pages.  I started by printing the downloads on card stock (this is just the super light stuff I purchased at my local big box discount store) on my Canon Pixma 7120.  The downloads come with cut lines (takes out the guess work!) so I trimmed them up, easy-peasy.  I wanted to add some color to the cards so I used my Distress Markers, a clear acetate piece and water bottle to do some smooshing.


Surprisingly, the paper didn't fall apart!  I think using the smooshing technique limits the amount of water that comes into contact with the paper, and I used a heat gun between layers so the water wasn't sitting for too long on each card.

I am a huge fan of pocket letters (read about them HERE) and thought the Bright kit would work great for PL's.  This is the first PL I created using Laura's kit.




Don't the cards work perfectly?

Happy 4th of July to my US friends!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9