Top Social

paper goodies and family life

Revisiting Earlier Thoughts

|
Right now I should be getting ready for a special something Rebekah and I are cooking up.

But I'm not.

I'm sitting here, thinking on my One Little Word for 2015.  Revisiting earlier blog posts on creative self-discovery (HERE and HERE).  Hanging on the floor of my messy craft room.

I guess I'll make a list of thoughts, to try and organize myself, my crafting, my mess of a craft room...

  1. I'm bringing stitching back (sing it in your head to Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback."  You'll thank me later).  I love hand stitching using Amy Tangerine templates.  Love it.  I just received the Comrade templates and I'm so excited to stitch those big block letters!  In an earlier thoughts post, I said I don't stitch on layouts.  I want to clarify that I don't MACHINE STITCH.  I have my mom's sewing machine and so badly want to use it, but I'm clueless on setting the tension and the thread keeps coming out of the needle.  The frustration isn't worth it.  
  2. I spent about 20 minutes looking at layouts on my blog and either they are missing something, some wow factor, or I need more help with photographing them.  It all feels flat.
  3. Speaking of layouts, I feel like I'm trying different things (for me), and I kind of like it.
  4. I've built up some momentum with being on the Gossamer Blue DT and the AWDML DT.  The idea of those DT terms coming to an end in 2015 scares me to the core.  I LOVE BEING ON A DT.  It's instant friendship and inspiration, and I feel like I need that to continue on my creative path.  I realize I have many months of DT membership left, but thinking ahead to what I want to accomplish in 2015, and knowing 2015 is the end of the DT's....well, it makes me sad and my heart cries a little.  Can you hear it?  
  5. I think I figured out a good method for organizing my layout descriptions as I work.  I found a Sugar Paper planner HERE.  I love how I have plenty of room to write down paper names and embellishments as I'm creating.  The Sugar Paper line is amazing, and how cute is the name?
  6. I have NOT figured out a good organization system for my DT kits.  I thought I was on to something and it all kind of blew up into a big pile of paper madness.  Using the Ikea Raskog cart has definitely helped with the embellishment organizing, but the paper...yeah.  It needs work.  
  7. I still need to focus on my Go manifesto.  But I do have a gorgeous image for each blog post, thanks to the amazing Rebekah!



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9