Top Social

paper goodies and family life

CSI

|
Gossamer Blue is sponsoring this month at CSI: color, stories, inspiration.  I had Case File No. 143 as my assignment.

I was a bit over-whelmed when I read the scheme, evidence and testimony the first time, but upon closer inspection (hee hee), I realized this was actually going to be a blast!  Not to mention a whole new way to approach a layout.  Then I looked at my beautiful Gossamer Blue October kits and thought, wow, how can I make these colors work for CSI?  I started checking out the B sides of the papers and found the delicious black and white stripe, then tore through the Jubilee ephemera for a bunch of red elements.  I printed out some of the exclusive printables and had the light blue color, then used more GB exclusives, acrylic bits, for the turquoise.  I was lacking gray, so I found some Thickers in my stash to use for the title.


The testimony I chose was something on my mind and handwriting journaling on my layout.  The whole layout is about my surprise at being asked to be on the GB Design Team, so I included a snippet of the email from Lori, a photo of myself taking a photo (kinda dorky, I know), and a photo of my dear Stella (my camera).  The journaling outlines my feelings about sometimes questioning if I'm good enough to be on a DT, and the Hell Yeah I Am pep talk I give myself during times of doubt.  The sketch was provided by CSI and I used it as-is; I love banners and felt this sketch was perfect!  

This was such a great challenge and I have since joined the CSI community because I enjoyed playing along so much!  Count on seeing more CSI-inspired layouts from me in the future.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9